Monday, June 12, 2017

We had a nice weekend that started when I decided to work a half day on Friday so I could go home and have plenty of time to install my trail doors prior to the cruise on Saturday.  The directions were not very good, as is the case with most products these days.  Figuring out the first door proved the most difficult as it took a few tries to figure out how the latch was suppose to be assembled and oriented but once that was done, the other three doors went pretty smooth.  They look really good and they will be easier to transport on trips where we travel with the full doors on but want to take them off when at our destination.



The Pets for Vets cruise was a lot of fun and a good amount of money was raised.  There were 90 Jeeps in attendance and there were a lot of dogs as well.  Jodi and I met a couple other Jeep owners at an area Quiktrip which gave us a small convoy to the event.  When we arrived, there were probably 15 Jeeps already there and it was fun to watch all of the others roll in and line up as the morning progressed.

When we started to line up for the cruise I pulled out first and had my group follow me so we would be at the very front.  We would be directly behind the two lead Jeeps at the start of the line.  We rolled out of the parking lot with a motorcycle police escort who would stop traffic at all intersections so that we could all stay together.  I shot some video of the parade of Jeeps as we snaked our way through the community and side roads leading to our final destination which was Bass Pro Shops.  Once there, we had lunch and visited with others waiting for the raffle drawings to commence.  Jodi won a Purina bag full of dog stuff but we didn't win the winch we were hoping to.  It was a fun time and we will likely do it again next year.



I spent some of yesterday working on my rock lights installation.  After routing the first couple lights, I quickly found that the wire leads for the lights that will be mounted at the rear of the Jeep are too short.  I'm going to have to add wire to increase the length so that will be my task this week.  I'm not sure if I should solder them together or use butt joints.  The latter would be less work.

We are suppose to have a photo shoot today but the wind is suppose to be gusting 25-30 miles per hour which makes for a bad hair day.  We will likely reschedule.  We have a busy remainder of the month with lots of sessions scheduled.  If we can fill up July a bit more, our summer will be looking really good as August is pretty full right now.  

No comments: