Friday, June 16, 2017

The third Thursday every month is our Northland Jeep group meet up night.  This month's meeting was held at Baskin Robbins last night and we had about 15-20 Jeeps show up for it.  The temps were in the low 90's and the ice cream was great.  We hung out in the parking lot from 6:30-9:00pm having some good conversation with people who are quickly becoming friends.  Lucky for me, many are gun enthusiasts like me and often the conversation turns to guns. We have found a good group of folks to socialize with.

We took Jodi's Jeep last night as mine still has wires coming out of it all over.  I expect to have everything taken care of by Saturday night and working rock lights.  Jodi's inner fenders should arrive on Saturday as well.  I think they will go over to the powdercoater the first part of July when I have some "forced" days off.  

Our next Jeep off road adventure is planned for July 8th at Kansas Rocks.  I will follow that up on the 22nd with the Offroading 101 course being held there.  I will be solo as Jodi will be gone for a week on her "girls trip" to Nashville.  A number of people we know have signed up and are attending so it should be a fun day.

My new M&P .45 arrived at the FFL yesterday so I dropped by to pick it up.  As always, I went to "further review" during the NICS check, which delayed the process about 5 minutes.  That was far better than last time as I waited about 20 minutes to get approval.  Looking forward to getting a little range time with it.  


No comments: