Our Wrenchathon was a huge success and we got a lot accomplish for some of our members. We installed everything from a long arm kit on an XJ to mounting up some 40" tires on beadlocks. We worked for 10 1/2 hours on Saturday and I got home after midnight. I was back up and making the hour and twenty minute drive back to Topeka at 7:30am for another 6 hours of work before I headed home. I got my CB working pretty good while there and I changed a burnt out turn signal lamp on my Jeep. The rest of the time I was bouncing from vehicle to vehicle helping where I could.
I met Jodi on my way home at a sub shop to grab a late lunch. She was on her way back from St. Louis after going there to dress shop for the wedding with her family. She found one they all liked and now she is set. They went to a trivia night later on Saturday evening and then she met up for breakfast with her Dad the next morning. After that, she went to see her aunt's new property along with their new race horse before heading home.
I wound up taking a nap after our lunch and then I woke up bored. I decided to go to the casino for awhile and I'm glad I did because I walked with $900 in winnings at the blackjack table. About a week or so ago I won $500 so the last two trips have been pretty good.
I'm off work today and tomorrow before returning on Wednesday. Two work days and then my walk day on Friday and I am out of there! My first pension check should arrive March 1st.
No comments:
Post a Comment