Thursday, July 6, 2017

That was a quick three days off!  I wish I could say I accomplished more but as usual, things always don;t go as planned.  My main goal was to get my new head unit installed but I'm only part way into the job because of the rear view camera mount.  I had to fabricate a bracket to mount to the tire carrier and stick out through a hole in the wheel.  I now have that completed other than painting it and once that is done, I can go ahead and mount everything.  As is the case with all of my projects. this took way too long and too many trips to get things I needed to make it.

Making this project more fun was removing the spare tire and putting it back on multiple times with a back injury.  It was finally feeling a bit better until last night, while on my photoshoot, I tripped over my light stand which made it feel like Day 1 all over again.  Today is not a good day and I have about 7-8 miles of walking to do to do my inspections at work.  Fun times.

Saturday we are heading to Kansas Rocks for some daytime and night time wheeling.  I'm hoping my back is better by then because we are going to run some of the black trails and that means we are going to be bouncing around pretty good.


No comments: