Thursday, September 10, 2015

We have another photo session under our belt and are moving closer to the end of the season.  We have about 7 weeks left to shoot before the leaves fall off the trees and the colder temps settle in.  Although I enjoy what we do, I am looking forward to the slower period over the winter so I can dive in to some of the things I've been wanting to learn, such as video.  I have most all that I need to start shooting videos and I would think that a few months of practice and learning will be adequate.

We also have much to do to prepare for the next year as Jodi will be responsible for creating our marketing materials, our new "Welcome" magazine that all of our clients will receive and many more projects.  She also will be doing some learning of new software as we have purchased some new tools to help in our business.

Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend the big fireworks display that I have participated in for the last 8 years.  It's going to be bigger and better than ever but I scheduled work for that weekend and it would be too difficult to reschedule.  Finding the time to do the things I would really like to is difficult but I realize that is the price you pay to run a successful business.  Things are going to be less stressful with Jodi home full time and we will be able to meet our self imposed deadlines much easier. 

No comments: