JD got to face live pitching for the first time in a scrimmage. He was a bit disappointed with his 0-2, two ground out performance but admitted he doesn't have his timing down yet. I wouldn't think so after not swinging a bat in a game in 5+ years! Hopefully he does a bit better in the next scrimmage. Apparently no one hit very well their first time out and he didn't strikeout like many others either. We'll see where this goes soon.
Jodi received a call this morning from her former employer. He requested that they meet for coffee on Thursday afternoon. Based on what Jodi has heard from another employee there, several other employees are leaving and we expect them to ask her to come back to work. Bad timing on their part as we are in our busiest time of the year. One of the employees leaving is the office manager that Jodi had some issues with. I really don't think they will offer her that position but if they want her back, that would probably be the only way to get her and it would also require a substantial raise. Not sure that would even do it. She is going to meet with him just to hear what he wants to talk (grovel) about. :)
Business continues to boom for us and we still have 22 shoots to complete on the calendar. We might have the ability to squeeze a few more in if I want to make things real hard on us but that's a lot of shoots to do in 6 weeks, in addition to the consultations (I have 4 to do this evening) and sales sessions. People keep surprising us to in the sales room as they are spending more than we expect. Last night, after our sales session, I asked Justin if he wanted to go to dinner with us. He asked where that would be and I suggested Outback Steakhouse. He said, "Good sales session?" I laughed and told him yes but that wasn't why I said Outback. Apparently he equates the restaurant we choose to how good a sales session went that evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment