Things went better this time at 4 Wheel Parts and I'm now re-geared to 4.88's. There is a significant performance improvement as it really gets up and goes now. The 4.10 gearing was by no means terrible but with the 37's, this gearing will be better for both street and trail. On the highway, I don't think I'll be running at 85 mph much anymore because at 75mph, I'm turning about 2700 rpm in 6th gear. I think 80mph will probably be top running speed and that will probably be at about 3000rpm.
We ran over to Stomper and had Jodi's tire carrier installed. I really like the Teraflex setup and it opens and closes really easy. They checked her lift kit for torque and to ensure everything was where they wanted it. After that, they pulled mine in and wound up making a couple adjustments on the front end. We talked a little about beefing up the ball joints and a truss for the front axle which I expect to be a project best suited for this winter. If the axle is getting dropped, I want to take advantage of that opportunity to do some powder coating of some front end parts at the same time and might even go to RCV's while we are at it.
I learned that Jodi's hood did in fact ship out on Monday and will arrive on Friday. Hopefully the painter can get going on the hood, my half doors and grille next weekend. It would be nice to get the half doors back on my Jeep in time for our Kansas Rocks adventure on the 20th.
No comments:
Post a Comment