I woke up Monday morning and went straight to get some hardware. I wound up using an impact and it went fine. All that was left to do was put the carrier at the right distance from the tailgate, mount the tire and install the third brake light (Insert skidding tires sound effect here). I lifted the tire up on the carrier and it would not sit flush against the carrier. I discovered the tire was hitting the bumper so down comes the tire and I adjust the carrier out to it's maximum distance but now it will no longer rest against the hinge of the carrier. Time to lift the tire back up on the carrier and sure enough, the tire is still hitting the bumper. The bumper is not as recessed as many so now what? New bumper? Put the old carrier back on? Try a spacer? My friend has a spacer for me to try. I get it from him and the holes aren't large enough to go over the shoulder of the wheel stud on the carrier. Time to drill them larger. That is where the project stands. Always something.
So, with that project dead in its tracks, we decided to make a Memorial Day run down to the WW1 Memorial downtown. We went with our friends and it was quite a site to see the memorial and all the flags. We walked around a bit taking in the sights before heading to get some ice cream. We followed that up by hitting a local watering hole where we had a couple drinks before calling it a day.

No comments:
Post a Comment