The house has been painted and we love the colors. I did a walk through with the painter yesterday and showed him some areas that needed touching up but nothing too bad. After the protective plastic sheeting was removed from the front windows, Jodi and I weren't really liking how the windows and the screen frames that are an off white color are looking with the new colors. So, we decided to paint those the trim color too. That should be done today or tomorrow.
I installed new coach lights on the sides of the garage and put a new back porch light up too. They look a lot nicer than what was originally there. We've received a lot of compliments on the new colors and we are glad we chose them. JD says the house looks more expensive now. I guess he likes them too.
I had Monday and Tuesday off after working the weekend. We had a good sales session yesterday and I have a shoot today after work. We didn't offer any incentives this year to book up July and August like we did last year and we expect to see our volume down these two months. That's fine with us as our sales averages have increased about 35% this year so far with our new pricing structure. Everyone to date for this new class has purchased our top collection and some are even adding to it. We want less volume and higher sales and so far, that has been the case. We expect Fall to be very busy and we may entertain shooting more sessions in the cooler weather.
I'm looking forward to my photography workshop this weekend. Although I am proficient with studio lighting, I think I'll be able to pick up a few things and we will cover much more than just lighting. The photographer I will be learning from I admire a lot. He doesn;t get real fancy with his work but it's of high quality.
Speaking of work, here are some recent images from this summer.













No comments:
Post a Comment