Tuesday, November 24, 2015

I've reached a point where I am ready to totally de-clutter our lives.  So, today a 20 yard roll off container is being delivered to our home and we will start a "purge".  There is quite a bit of things in the basement that I would like to get rid of, much of it oversized, thus the need for the container.  So, for the next week or so, we will be going room to room and pitching anything that hasn't been touched in the last 6 months or is no longer wanted/needed.  We should be able to get organized after that and hopefully it will stay that way.

We had another good sales session last night and we only have four more to do with the exception of the members of our Model Team who haven't scheduled theirs yet.  My thoughts have turned to how we will improve upon this year as we go into the next.  Increasing volume will be difficult as I don't want to shoot every day for 6 months so I see the opportunity to be raising our sales averages even higher.  We have a few ways we could try to achieve that and will be exploring those options in the next few months.

I did acquire some new softboxes (thanks to my brother, Doug for picking them up for me) off the St. Louis Craigslist and today the UPS man will deliver my new wireless lav mic system so I can do our promotional videos.  I will be immersing myself in learning video this winter as I see it as a great opportunity for our business.

I've been looking at a drone for a couple weeks now.  I like the idea of being able to do some aerial video for promo productions but I don't see it as a tool we would use very often. It would be a fun toy to have in my gear arsenal but I don't think it would be a business investment that would have a good return related to it.  So, the question here is, "Can I keep myself from buying a new toy"?  It's 50/50 at this point.

I will be posting an early Photo Friday on my other blog tomorrow as I doubt I will be available to do so on Friday.

No comments: