It's been a while since I updated my personal blog. I'll start by saying that my cabinetry project has me really hating to paint. I mean, it is miserable. Imagine painting the inside of 20+ boxes, three times for primer and two coats of paint. I still have to paint the trim and install it and touch it up too. Geeeez! Worst project of my life.
Sadly, a construction worker was killed at our plant today. He was crushed under a piece of equipment. When I arrived on scene, he had just been freed and transported to the hospital. It was clear that it was a grave injury by all accounts and they suspended operations for the balance of the shift while the accident was investigated. Apparently he was a millwright from Southern Illinois. Just a tragedy. We still have a month to go in the demo and construction project.
Our bathroom is going much slower than expected. Tile is going up on the shower walls and he thinks he'll be done with the whole project by Sunday. Ain't no way. Good thing we aren't in a hurry.
We had a great time in St. Louis for Christmas. Since returning, I have worked every day but yesterday and will be working the next 12 days straight. Lot of triple time, double time and overtime to start the new year.
Here is a photo of our new ride, a 2014 Flex Limited. This thing is awesome. From the twin turboed, 365HP engine to the heated and air conditioned seats to the Vista roof, the vehicle is amazing. Lots of fun to drive and very roomy.
Lastly, a belated Happy Birthday to my oldest brother, who I know reads the blog. He apparently has been ill and I didn't want to call yesterday and disturb him with a birthday greeting so I'll say it here, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment