Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Well, another week gone by and not much has changed.  We had to cancel our Hot Springs trip and it doesn't look like SMORR is going to happen in three weeks either. This is not how I planned my first couple months of my retirement.

I did go fishing in our neighborhood lakes last week but the water was way too cold still to catch anything.  I did notice the aerators in the upper lake were not running so I got a hold of the HOA who told me the lake management company had winterized them.   I think I laughed out loud when I heard that because the system is an air compressor with bubblers at the bottom of the lake.  I'm pretty familiar with the system since I was President of the HOA when it was installed and I was present at the installation as well.  So I replied to them "You mean they turned off the power when you say they winterized it".  I then told them we had never done that for the last 10 years, that it is designed to run 24/7.  I told them to tell the company to get back out here and turn it on and not turn it off again.  What a joke.

I bought a 3x magnifier for my AR-15 last week too.  With my aging eyes, it'll make it easier to see targets at a greater distance but still allow me to co-witness through my BUIS.   Now I need to get a good scope for my precision rifle so I can shoot out to a mile plus.

We've been getting a Jeep ride in most days as the weather has been pretty nice.  We should be able to get a ride in today and tomorrow before the rain comes in on Thursday and Friday.  That will be a good time to mask off my Jeep and finish painting the roll cage.








No comments: