Jeep is life. Well, it seems that way these days as most everything we do revolves around them. We spent last Wednesday evening at a new friend's place modifying the light bar wiring harness and getting it installed so that I can burn people's retinas. The work didn't take very long and we wound up hanging out and socializing for a couple extra hours. This guy has a full machine shop in his big, detached garage and all the tools you could probably need to wrench on vehicles. We were going to do the big brake kit too but we talked too much and didn't get to it. Some other evening we'll get it done.
I thought I had to work this weekend but had my schedule wrong so I had an unexpected Saturday off. That allowed us to get up and go to breakfast with friends before we headed to a Jeep swap meet in Independence. It wound up being pretty small with few vendors but we enjoyed hanging out with friends for a couple hours. My Jeep and light bar got a lot of attention while we were there and I got a lot of questions from the curious.
While there, we threw together a Jeeple dinner run for BBQ that would be followed by ice cream at a roadside stand. We all met near our house and then convoyed to the restaurant. We wound up having 14 Jeeps and when we left, our waitress asked us to parade past the building so she could video us (she has a Jeep too). It was dark by the time we left so we all had our rock lights and halos on as we drove by on our way to get ice cream. We hung out in the parking lot of the ice cream place until about 8:30 and then we had two couples come back to the house for a couple drinks before calling it a night.
Sunday morning, Jodi and I spent a few hours on business related things before heading out and doing some shopping. She heads to St. Louis on Saturday to help her mom who is having her knee replaced later this week. I'll be home alone for about a week alone.......
No comments:
Post a Comment