Monday, December 4, 2017

The weekend flew by and it's back to work for 6 days straight.  At least at the end of this month, I will get some extra time off as they are not going to let me soak up all the triple time over the Christmas break.  It looks like I will only get two to three days of it, which is fine.

We will be meeting with a former photo lab we once did business with.  They miss our business and want to have us in for lunch and go over the reasons why we took our business elsewhere.  What it tells me is that we are very high volume to a photo lab.  We sell more albums than most wedding photographers and they want that business back.  They have been contacting us once or twice a month requesting we get together with them but I wasn't going to do it during our busy season.  Now that we have slowed down, we are going to give them a meeting and see what transpires.

Jodi's mom, sister and great niece came in Friday evening and we spent the balance of the evening visiting.  Saturday morning, we all went down to the West Bottoms for First Friday's and went through some of the shops.  They were all decorated for Christmas and very busy.  After a couple hours there, they all went shopping at the box stores while I went to meet up with a photographer who was interested in buying some extra gear I was selling.  After completing that transaction, I went shopping myself.  We all got back together back at the house in the evening and Jayson came over to spend the night with us.

The next morning, we all got up for breakfast and JD and Megan joined us too.  We went to The Big Biscuit in Liberty and had some really good food before our visitors headed back to St. Louis.  Later that afternoon, I had a model team shoot with three of our girls and then Jodi and I spent the rest of the evening relaxing.

This week we have two more ordering sessions scheduled and lots of ordering to do as we wrap up another successful year.  We will be choosing a new Model Team for next year soon and working on some other thing we have planned.  We may just take a short vacation too. 

No comments: