We have another week of a super busy schedule before we get a little break. We've never had a spring like this before and it's been harder on Jodi to keep up than me. Jodi has our intern assisting with some of the editing right now to meet deadlines and get product to clients in a timely manner.
We are planning some travel where we will do some on location photo shoots with models either in the area or who will travel with us. The Valley of Fire outside of Las Vegas is top son my list followed by the beaches of San Diego. We have also discussed the Black Hills and parts of Colorado as possible photo shoot locations.
I recently did some equipment upgrading for the studio and I'm proud to say that I now own the same equipment that the world's best use. It wasn't a huge cost to upgrade as selling off some of my old gear paid for a big chunk of it but I'm really excited to work with the same gear that some of the people I admire do. My goal is to take my photography skills to the next level, not just create pretty pictures of people which I feel I'm already pretty good at, but work on controlling light better and getting more creative with it. I'm really drawn to some of the editorial/fashion photography I see and I now have the majority of the tools I need to do so.
My plan was to paint our house this year until I heard my neighbor just paid $5300 to have his done. WHAT?!!! So, now I'm going to paint it myself, maybe with the help of a friend. I don't like the idea of working 25 feet up on a ladder but that's about $2000 more than I was willing to pay. I think I can get it done with help for under $2000.
No comments:
Post a Comment