Well, shortly after yesterday morning's post, my day went to hell in a hand basket. I received an email from our tax preparer that the IRS rejected our electronic submission of our tax return because some ASSHOLE had already filed a return using my social security number. I hate thieves. Honestly, if I found the person who did it, and it were a guy, I'd cut his balls off. Seriously.
So, on a day that I had a big report due at work and a photo shoot in the afternoon, I had to find time to go to the tax preparer's office to get a copy of my return to mail in along with an affidavit to submit saying I was a victim of identity theft, then get it signed by Jodi, who didn't get off work until 6:00pm and get it post marked by midnight. My photo shoot ended near 8pm so I headed home, had Jodi sign, got copies of our drivers licenses to submit with it to prove who we were and then ran downtown at 9:30pm to find that the PO closed at 9pm. I was just going to put them in the mail box when a worker leaving, and who was heading to another site, said she would take them for me so they would get postmarked on the 15th. I guess it really didn't matter too much as we were getting a refund but I didn't want the ASSHOLE to prevent me from meeting my obligation.
This is all because Anthem got hacked and since they are affiliated with Blue Cross and we have BC insurance, they got my SSN. I guess I'll be joining a class action lawsuit in the near future. I had to call and put an initial fraud alert on my credit report and then run my credit report to see if there was any suspicious activity. Fortunately there has not been but I'm sure my SSN is being sold multiple times to ASSHOLES around the globe.
We could prevent ASSHOLES from doing this if we would just implement a flat tax. We could do away with the IRS and all of this theft and fraud by ASSHOLES. Lucky me gets two years of free credit monitoring and credit repair services if needed. Big deal.
Did I mention these people are ASSHOLES?
ASSHOLES!
No comments:
Post a Comment