Friday, June 20, 2014

Jodi is heading to St. Louis today to see her grandmother for the last time.  She has been moved to hospice and will likely pass in the next week.  She has had dementia for some time now and recently, two falls have hurt her severely.  The last one was very bad as she fell down their stairs, breaking a bone in her neck, bleeding on the brain and several broken ribs.  The injuries sustained combined with her dementia have left her unable to swallow.  She has a DNR which includes no feeding tube so at this point, they are giving her an IV for fluids and pain medication to ease her pain. 

I am working both days this weekend as we will be running production on the day shift both days.  Our products are in demand and we are also trying to stockpile some trucks so we don't run out on the dealer lots while our truck plants make the changeover to the new model later this year.  That conversion will start at our Michigan plant next month and then we are to re-tool around our Christmas break.  It's going to be very busy here and of course I will be working during the time I would normally be off.  I do like double time on top of holiday pay though.




No comments: