It was a short weekend after working on Saturday so my list of accomplishments in my time off is rather short. I did finish off the landscaped wall in the back by cutting a natural edge on both ends and then finished the mulching. I may try to do something similar to an area in front of our bedroom's 5 window bay.
I also set up all of my new studio lights and worked with the programmable controller. I am not a tech guy and I'm going to admit that my technical aptitude is a bit iffy so I was a bit concerned having read that the controller can be a difficult learning process. I watched a couple videos online and I was able to grasp most of the basics. I can now control all of the lights from the controller, powering them up and down and also I can use the flash meter for setting exposure. This will be a big time saver in studio as walking to each light multiple times to get the exposure where you want it can be frustrating and time consuming. I can do all that from the palm of my hand now. I still have more to learn but I've begun. I'll be working more with it this week.
Today I'm ordering a 4'x6' softbox for the studio. I think it will be a game changer when it comes to my lighting style going forward. I'm also going to incorporate more composite and sportrait type work into our business model. It will simply be another reason our clients choose us for their senior portraits.
We're going to the Cardinals/Royals game on Thursday evening with a group of former St. Louisans that now work at my plant. JD and Megan are going with us and I'm looking forward to seeing the Cardinals play for the first time in 7 or 8 years. Yes, I'll be wearing my Cardinals jersey. I hope it still fits!


No comments:
Post a Comment