Saturday, December 1, 2012

Jodi had to work today so after rolling out of bed at 9am, I decided to head over to Overland Park, KS for a gun show at the International Trade Center. It wasn't as large as the one here at the KCI Expo Center by the airport, but I had never been to this one and thought I'd go check things out.  There were about 400 tables and it took about 45 minutes to walk past all of them to get a feel for what was there.  I decided to get a couple 45 round Magpul PMAG's for my AR.  These have the sight window in them and are made of polymer versus the aluminum ones I own.  I looked for the shotgun stock I want but didn't see it.  I will have to place an order for a few items it appears.  I need to order some ammo and it's cheapest off the internet.  I'd like to start bringing in about 1000 rounds every two months to build an adequate stockpile of about 10,000 rounds.  Once I get to that level, I'm going to get an AK47 and start piling up some 7.62x39.  The nice thing about AK's is you can shoot just about any ammo you want through them without any issues.  AR's don't like the cheaper steel case ammo.

In the afternoon, Jodi and I drove up to Kearney to look around and see what area we might like to relocate to if we decide to expand our studio and downsize the house in a year or two.  Ideally, a decent size ranch on 5 acres would do.  We would need some room to build our studio building which I expect will be around 40x60.  There isn't much available in the area we desire right now. 

Jodi left for St. Louis shortly after our return.  She is on vacation next week and went to visit family and JD.  Looks like I have 5 days of alone time to do whatever I choose.  I've got a long list of things I need to get done so I will start those and hopefully whittle it down a bit. 

No comments: