Wednesday, November 28, 2012

With things slowing down a bit schedule wise, I've been giving some thought on what I'd like to do over the winter.  One thing on the to do list is to get my concealer carry permit and I'll probably take the required class in January.  I need to get a new holster for my XD-40 and am looking at the Blackhawk Sherpa.  Maybe it will wind up under the Christmas tree?

I also want to start upgrading my home defense shotgun.  I intend to change out the stock to the Blackhawk Spec Ops II NRS pictured below.  I like the pistol grip as well as the adjustable stock and I think it will be better for a close quarters weapon.  I'll follow the shotgun upgrades up with some upgrades to my AR15.  I need to add some sling points and some picatinny rails to mount some accessories to. 

Last night, Jodi and I relocated our desktop computer to her office upstairs.  We had purchased a graphics tablet some time ago for her to use for photo retouching and she installed the software and got that working.  She'll need to work with it for a bit to get used to it but most graphic designers and photo retouchers use something like it.  She is a quick learner so I expect she'll pick it up quite easily.

Although I am on a computer quite a bit, I am not much of a computer tech.  That showed last night in trying to get my laptop to connect to her desktop so we can share files.  It should be a relatively easy thing but every time I tried to access my laptop from her computer, I kept getting asked for a username and password.  To my knowledge, I don;t have one and I even had password protected sharing turned off.  It was quite a frustrating experience.  I did connect to her PC by creating an ad hoc network but there should be a much easier way, plus you lose the internet connection when you do that.  It looks like I'm going to have to enlist a friend to assist.








No comments: