Sunday, March 13, 2011

I know I won't be popular for this comment but I'm not trying to win a popularity contest.  Certainly the disaster that hit Japan is devastating and many lives were lost unfortunately.  They face a huge task of rebuilding, just like most cities and countries face after a natural disaster.  Americans are being asked to help Japan via donations.  To that, I say we are through our tax dollars that the President has committed to assist Japan with.  For me, giving more out of my pocket is not an option.

JD and I went to William Jewell College yesterday to watch their baseball team play.  It was a nice day to do so and we enjoyed the company of another baseball dad and his son.  Jewell is transitioning to NCAA Division 2 next year and they are in the process of upgrading their athletic facilities.

I picked up a new fish for my reef tank yesterday.  It is a Magnificent Foxface and it has three spines on it's dorsal fin that are poisonous.  The local saltwater fish store has had it for about a month and I really wanted it but was waiting to see if the price would drop on it.  Well, yesterday they marked it down by 50% and I took it home.  Here's a pic.

 

No comments: