Thursday, February 17, 2011

Summer Travels

Jodi and I have been spending some time planning our travel as we prepare to take JD to college showcase tournaments this summer.  We will first head to St. Louis for a 4 day event at St. Louis University.  We will use this opportunity to take in our first Cardinals game at the new(er) Busch Stadium.  The Cards play the defending World Series Champion San Francisco Giants while we are there and JD is hoping that Tim Lincecum is slotted to pitch one of the two games we will be in town for.  The Cubs are in for the weekend but I'm sure those tickets will be tough or expensive to get.

The following week has us heading to Chicago and JD and I plan on going to our first game at Wrigley Field while there.  We also plan to visit my niece and her family while there as well as hit some of the local tourist attractions.  We've already been to the Shedd Aquarium, the museums and the Sears Tower so we'll be looking for some other things to do in between his games. 

Once the tournament is over in Chicago, JD and I will drive Jodi to the airport to fly her home and then JD and I will have three days to kill before he needs to report to the tournament in Cincinnati.  From Chicago, we'll drive to Sandusky, Ohio where JD and I will take on Cedar Point and all of it's roller coasters.  JD loves roller coasters and Cedar Point has 17 of them.  It should be a lot of fun.  From there, we will drive to Cincinnati where we plan on taking in a Reds game and maybe hit Kings Island to take on their 15 roller coasters.  32 roller coasters in 2 days?  I better take some ibuprofen and Vicodin with me.

Once the Cincinnati trip is complete, JD will be playing his next few tournaments within an hour or two of the house so we'll have some recovery time at home prior to hitting the road again and heading to the biggest tournament of the summer in Atlanta.  There will be hundreds of college coaches, major league scouts and MLB scouting directors patrolling the fields seeking out the best talent for the draft or to sign to college scholarships.  Every Division I college in the United States will have reps there as well as every MLB team.  At every game, there will be 30-40 scouts behind the backstop with radar guns and notepads.  It will be amazing and a great opportunity for JD and his teammates to showcase their talent.  We'll take in a Braves game while there and that will be our 4th MLB stadium visit in just over a month.   

No comments: