Monday, February 14, 2011

Great weekend with my Sweetheart

Jodi and I actually had a weekend off together.  For now, she no longer has to work Saturday's so going forward, we will have every other weekend together as my schedule still includes working every other weekend. 

The weather was great and we celebrated Valentine's Day Saturday night by going out to an Italian dinner and then to the musical, "Grease".  The food was very good and the musical was very entertaining.  I need to get tickets for the Broadway production that is coming to town.

Sunday morning I did maintenance on my saltwater reef tank.  It was time to change the filter cartidges on my RODI (Reverse Osmosis DeIonized) water unit and change the DI resin.  I also cleaned the protein skimmer and did a 30 gallon water change.  I ran up to the fish store afterward and bought some food and a few Emerald Crabs to add to the system.  The tank continues to mature and the fish are getting larger. 

Sunday afternoon, Jodi and I took Angus and Harley for a walk.  It was great to be out in the warmer weather and get some exercise.  I've lost over 10 pounds recently by changing my soda and cutting back on snacks at work.  I've also cut back on my Lifesaver Wintergreen mints as well. 

JD threw a bullpen for his high school coaches on Fridaty and they were very impressed.  One coach proclaimed his curveball as "sick".  It was so "sick" that the catcher couldn't catch it and it hit him square in the mask.  Uh oh.  Sounds like the catcher needs to spend a lot of time catching JD before the season starts.  He's yet to throw him a fastball at 100% too so this could be interesting.

At work, our products are in huge demand but parts shortages are holding back additional production of our trucks and they are looking for additional opportunities to increase SUV production as well.  We already run 120 hours of production on the SUV side so there aren't many available opportunities to build more.  They actually would like to move one SUV shift back over to the truck side but lack of parts won't allow that.  This is going to get pretty crazy this spring and summer as vehicle sales continue to increase.

No comments: