Friday, September 4, 2020

 Trail 16 wound up being a crazy adventure.  It didn't take long to have a "situation".  AFter being unable to go through a deeply rutted section of the trail due to my long wheel base, I chose to try to go around it.  That was a bad idea as the trail was muddy and we started to slide off the trail, which was on a hillside.  While attempting to back up, we continued to slide off the trail and we were now in a pretty precarious position on the hillside.  At that point, we had no choice but to get out of the vehicle before it rolled down the hill.  I quickly attached my winch line to a tree and assessed the situation.  I was about to try to just floor it backwards to see if I could get back up on the trail but in hindsight, that probably would have been a bad idea.  The good news is, I probably wouldn't have gone down the hill very far with the winch line attached.  LOL  Luckily, a few Cherokees showed up and one of them wound up using his winch and a snatchblock to work with me and my winch to get me back on the trail.  


No comments: