Thursday, January 4, 2018

I can't remember the last time I called in to work and missed a day but it happened yesterday.  On Tuesday, I did something to my back while at work and it progressively got worse the rest of the day.  I didn't feel anything happen, just started bothering me.  Yesterday morning, I could barely get out of bed and walking was a challenge, so I called in.  I was pretty uncomfortable most of the morning so I decided to go lay in bed and watch TV for a while.  After an hour or so, I got out of bed, expecting to be in discomfort still but it was 80% improved.  As the day went on, I got better and by evening, I had still had soreness but was still feeling pretty good.  I had a good night of sleep last night and seem to be about 80-85% this morning.  Must be muscular.

There have been a number of good deals on firearms of late and on Tuesday, Grabagun had a Springfield Armory XDm .45 ACP with threaded barrel at an attractive price so one is finding a  new home in my safe.  I'm a fan of FDE so this one was kind of a no brainer for me.  I like the FDE with black slide as my Glock is the same configuration.  I shoot my friends 9mm XDm very well and I hope I do the same with my new acquisition.  One day, I may add a suppressor.



Grabagun also has a couple of the Ruger Mark IV .22's on sale.  Neither of them are the Lite model I am looking at for Jodi but one is the target model and I was tempted to get it.  I think I'll hold out a bit longer and see if they put the Lite model on sale soon. 

I'm looking into joining the Glock Sport Shooting Foundation and start doing some competitive shooting.  They have events across the nation, with three being in the region, including one in Sparta.  It's family focused and most competitions are for stock Glock's but they do have an unlimited class.  When you join, ($35), you get one Blue Label Glock per year, which is LEO pricing.  You save about $100 on each gun so the membership is well worth it.  You also have access to a Glock armorer at the events and they clean, inspect and replace parts for free.

Our Wrench-a-thon is coming up next weekend and I'm looking forward to getting my new Steer Smarts adjustable track bar installed and a couple other minor things done.  My Jeep goes to the dealer for the impact sensor recall next Tuesday and I'll get my free Jeep Wave oil change and tire rotation while there.   


No comments: