Monday, September 15, 2014

That was a fun and exciting weekend, although I'm a bit wore out and could use a vacation from my vacation.  Pyro is hard work and long days but the thrill of seeing your creation go up into the air and the crowd response is worth it.  After tearing down the display and packing up all the gear, I walked out of the field at 1am.  The ground was covered in dew and it was 43 degrees, making for wet feet and a chilled body, but it was all worth it.  Next year is our 10th anniversary of the shoot (I have made the last 9) and it will be even bigger and better. 

I'll be posting video of some of the shows here soon.  I'm looking forward to the video of my club's show.  We were smoked out a little at the end but I think it was one of the best of the night.  Our show was a fraction of the cost of a couple of the others but held its own against them.


No comments: