Saturday, March 29, 2014

Another senior photo session in the books as we completed another last night.  It was a lot of fun as the family seems to be really good people and we had fun talking with them during the shoot.  We did their older daughter's senior portraits last year and they came back for this daughter who is now a senior this year.

When they came last year, I commented on the physique of the dad as he definitely works out.  He told me he had to because he had an older son with cerebral palsy and he had to doing a lot of lifting and carrying of him.  Last night, they brought their son with them.  He is 21 years old and he is completely disabled.  When he stood at the door and mentioned he had his son with him and he was in a wheelchair, I was sorry that we didn't have an easy way to get him down to the studio.  However, Dad carried him and I carried his adult sized stroller downstairs. 

I haven't been around many disabled adults and I found myself thinking how much work and care it must require to take care of this young man.  Obviously we do whatever we have to do to take care of our children but you know it has to be a burden at times and it requires great emotional strength and their entire family to share in the effort.  I just asked God to continue to give them the physical and emotional strength to do so. 

When they come back to see their daughter's photos, we are going to take some pictures of him as apparently he had a graduation of sorts from his "school" recently.  He must have some outside care where he goes during the day which I'm sure is very helpful to the family.




No comments: