Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I last owned a .357 Magnum over 25 years ago.  As soon as I turned 21, I purchased a Colt Peacekeeper .357 Magnum from Midwest Gun & Coin in St. Ann, MO.  I paid $215 for it.  That gun brings considerably more today like most Colt handguns do and someday I hope to own another. 

I have re-entered the revolver market with a Ruger GP100.  A guy that lives within a couple miles of me purchased it two weeks ago, never fired it and decided he wanted a different gun that had come into the shop.  He advertised it on a swap page I visit for $75 less than he paid for it and I bought it.  I plan on bringing it to St. Louis with me this weekend and shoot it along with several of my other guns this weekend.  If weather allows, we are going to go to Reifsnider State park in Warrenton where they have a free gun range with three different distances to shoot at. 

Here's a shot of the Ruger and also a pic of the handgun case that is being delivered to me today.  I also have a nice tactical case for my Colt AR-15 being delivered today as well.


 
 
Jodi and I will be taking a much needed and long overdue vacation sometime in May.  We aren't the type to want to go somewhere and hang out on a beach the whole time so we plan on going somewhere with sceni views and lots of things to see and do.  Right now, the top two cities we are considering are Boston and San Diego.  If we choose San Diego, we may fly into Phoenix and visit Jodi's Aunt and Uncle before driving into San Diego from there.  If we go to Boston, a Red Sox game at Fenway Park is definitely a must see while there if they are in town.  There's a lot of history in Boston and the Harbor Walk interests me.  The USS Constitution is there and there are a lot of things to do.  We'll make a final decision this week and get outr travel plans in order.

No comments: