Monday, October 29, 2012

It's a shame that Monday's have to ruin a perfectly good weekend.  I'm looking forward to the day when the day of the week doesn't matter any longer.  Less than 6 years if I so choose.

Another successful fireworks show lit up the sky in Peculiar, MO this weekend.  I spent most of Saturday helping a friend set up his show that he didn't get to shoot back in August due to the burn ban.  We set up in a cow pasture and put up a pretty good sized show.  We could have used a few more hands to get done faster but we made do with what we had and I think the majority of the product on hand went up.  I'm sure the cows won't be producing milk for a little while!

Jodi and I spent Sunday working on business related things.  She finished up a couple photo orders we had pending and they are now ready to go to the lab.  We had a couple things we needed to design for a client and those projects are always a bit stressful because you want to meet their expectations right from the start.  I suggested a design to Jodi and she did a great job creating what I had envisioned.  Once finished, I sent a photo of the design to the clients and they immediately responded that they loved it. I spent the rest of the day reviewing potential vendors for some new product offerings for our studio, creating a referral incentive program for our clients and watched a little TV, something I don't do much of.

JD called late in the evening and we spent a half hour or so with him on speakerphone getting to catch up with what was going on in his life at SIUE.  He said they had their team and individual pictures taken for use on the website and the media guide last Friday.  He said he was in the front row for the team picture.  On Friday they had another three mile run and if you didn't make your time you had to run another three miles.  Well, he still isn't where he needs to be so he got to run the additional three miles after a 5 minute break from the first run.  So did most of the others.  We're looking forward to having him home for about 11 days in the middle of November for Thanksgiving break.  He's looking forward to coming home as well.

It looks like a great week of weather here in KC.  I told Jodi I wanted to do something we haven't done before so we're going to take the dogs to the dog park in Liberty and let them run around and play.  I know they'll enjoy the extra room to run and they'll get to play with other dogs too.

.








No comments: