Friday, August 31, 2012

Time for a 3 day weekend!  I have a lot planned but it will be nice not to have to roll out of bed to the sound of the alarm clock.  It looks like today and tomorrow will be rain, which is fine by me as my work is inside this weekend and we certainly need it.

College football kicks off this weekend and I'm excited to see Mizzou play in the SEC this year.  Some people think they may not fair very well this season but I think they'll do just fine.  No matter the outcome, Mizzou has done some excellent recruiting and will be getting even stronger in the coming years.  I'm just glad college football is back and it will hold me over until spring baseball.

JD called yesterday to tell us they had to go on a timed, 3 mile run yesterday and if they didn't make the target time, they had to run another mile and a half.  Four guys made time, JD not being one of them.  So, a 10 minute rest and then another mile and a half.  At this point, after running 7 and a half miles in two days, I'm pretty sure he's wishing he would have listened to me about doing a lot of running this summer.  I know that he is sore and tired from all of the conditioning and weight lifting they've been doing but he is also seeing the gains he is already making.  He's said he's up to 187 lbs and getting the workout of his life.


No comments: