Thursday, January 20, 2011
White and bright
The sun is out today and the area is encased in white. We have at least 8" of snow on the ground at the house and it could tally more. We're finally getting some regular and substantial snow falls here in KC. In the 4 1/2 years we've been here, we really haven't got that much snow with the exception of a couple blizzards last year but that was mostly the high winds creating snow drifts. I enjoy deep snows but I'm glad I don't have to travel very far on the highway to get to work because most people can't drive in it. Thirty minute drives were taking 4 hours last night in some areas. I got home in 7 minutes. JD and I cleared 6" off the drive last night in about 15 minutes. There was about an inch or two on the drive this morning and JD gets his 4th snow day of the year.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment