The last few days has been tough as our club lost a member in an accident at a local off road park. While coming down an obstacle, the Jeep flopped onto the driver's side and he was pinned beneath the vehicle. Fortunately, his passing was instant. He was my neighbor, living just a few streets over from us.
I got the notification of the accident from his wife while at our new member meetup on Saturday. She was not with him at the time. I offered to go pick up the Jeep from the park the next day and she accepted. I went down early the next morning and loaded it up on the trailer and brought it to my house.
His wife came by the next day and it was an emotional visit to say the least. I offered our club's support, my support, whatever was needed. I told her I had a friend who would store the vehicle for us until a decision was made as to what was to be done with it and she was fine with that so I took it to my buddy's where I store my trailer.
Our club meeting was last night and we did a fundraiser for his family. I donated the Powertank I won recently as a raffle prize and ticket sales for it generated over $3000. We raffled some other items that were part of our normal monthly raffle and donated those proceeds to the family as well which generated over $900. All told we raised over $4000 for the family. So proud of our club for that. Next week our club we will be escorting the family to the location chosen for a memorial gathering at an area lake.
Jodi and I have been busy with business stuff as usual. We still have a couple months left of busy season and then we will get a long break that we always look forward to. We plan to hit the road for a month and see if we like that or not. When we retire, we will need something top occupy us. I want to get a crawler hauler. We shall see.

No comments:
Post a Comment