We spent a good chunk of our free time last week prepping Nemesis for it's armor coat of Raptor Liner. We fixed a couple dents with some bondo and prepped the surface for Raptor application. Jodi did all of the masking including the tedious task of masking off the name on each side of the hood. She did a great job. The surface prep is boring work but required for a good finish that will last.
On Saturday, we finished up the prep and masking and I shot the first coat at 5:45 pm. Each coat had to flash for an hour so the third and final coat went on at nearly 8pm. My biggest concern was getting the texture I wanted, which would be a finer texture that had a matte look to it. I think I accomplished that pretty well.
I spent Sunday morning and early afternoon putting removed parts back on the Jeep while the Mercedes got detailed by a local guy who does great work. He did Jodi's Jeep before we sold it and I may have him detail my interior soon. We wound up taking a drive up to Smithville lake to meet friends in the evening for ice cream and didn;t get home until after 10pm. On the drive back, we popped a hill at 60mph to find a big bodied deer standing in the road. The Teraflex Big Brake Kit did what it was suppose to do and had the 40's barking as we came to a stop. Great investment.
Here are some pics of the prep work and a look at the hood with a couple coats on it. I'll be getting some finished images soon.
And the Benz.













No comments:
Post a Comment