Friday, June 7, 2013

Before we get started with Photo Friday, let me share my pain, literally.  Angus and Gia at times get into a face to face "argument" at times.  I usually have to grab one and pull him/her away to end it.  Last night I was sitting at the edge of the couch with them at my feet, separated by one of my legs.  I heard Gia start growling and I could sense it was coming.  As I reached down to push one away from the other in a preventative measure, the attack began and my hand wound up in one of their mouths and the full force of a bite came down on my hand.  Now I consider myself a fairly tough guy with a high tolerance to pain but I can tell you that this felt like someone had just broken my hand.  One of the fangs punctured and penetrated my skin so deep that felt like it had gone all the way through. I guess the dogs sensed something was wrong because they stopped fighting as I stood up and either yelled, cursed or something.  I went to the bathroom with blood running out of the wound and placed it under running water as Jodi, JD and Megan came to see what had happened.  The pain was pretty intense and Jodi went to the other bathroom to get the necessary supplies to disinfect and bandage me up.



This morning, I awoke to bloody bandaging and when I removed it all, I was able to see my hand was significantly swollen and the wound still oozing some blood.  A few stitches might have been a good idea but I wasn't going anywhere at 9:30pm last night.  I just hope a tendon or ligament isn't affected.  All this right before we are to have a big shooting day.  Luckily it is not my shooting hand but it is a support hand for all guns and shooting my tactical shotgun and AR is in question at this point.  Hopefully a couple days of healing will help.

Now, it's time for Photo Friday, brought to you by a pissed off conservative.  IRS, Benghazi, Verizon, you name it.  This is the government our forefathers warned us about and I am confident that if they were alive today, they would be shooting by now.










No comments: