Monday, January 14, 2013

I'm getting pretty tired of the one sided media reporting on the issue of guns.  It's just like the Presidential election so I really am not surprised.  Everyone wants to know why we need "assault weapons".  They don't even know what an actual assault weapon is.  An AR-15 is not an assault weapon.  A true assault weapon is fully automatic or has burst capability.  The AR-15's sold in America today are only semi-automatic.  I think the following image shows a good reason to own an AR-15.


I went to the gun show this weekend and it was pretty packed, as expected.  Items that people fear will be banned were priced extraordinarily high.  I walked around for 45 minutes and left.  I've been able to procure everything I want so far in person at a retail store or on the internet.  On Friday, I found 1680 rounds of 5.56 62 gr M855 penetrator ammo at a very good price and it will arrive by the 21st. 

I also ordered two stripped lower receivers but it was on a preorder and I have no idea as to when they will ship.  I will use the lowers to custom build a couple AR's in the future.  They might also make good trade bait toward an AK-47.  AK's are much cheaper to shoot and you can run steel case ammo on them.  I wouldn't shoot steel case ammo in my AR's.

January 19th has been designated "GUN APPRECIATION DAY".  Naturally the Libs are all upset about it.  They don't like the fact that is is taking place on the weekend before the MLK holiday.  They also don't like the fact that it's the weekend of Obama's inauguration.  Well, since it's not being held on the holiday or inauguration, I see no problem with it and plan to participate.  I'm hoping there is a large gathering somewhere in the city where I can go to participate. Otherwise, I will patronize my local gun shops and may even stand out by the roadway with a sign in support of the 2nd Amendment. 

In other news, Jodi and I are anxious to get our new furniture for the loft.  It is scheduled to be delivered Thursday.  The leather futon for her office will also be arriving that day and will fit perfectly in an area reserved for it. 

In talking with JD, apparently it was a pretty tough first week back when it comes to physical conditioning with the team.  His body is pretty sore and he was ready for the weekend to recover some.  He said Jason Isringhausen is working out with the team getting his arm in shape in hopes to being picked up by a team this spring.  He is a free agent after spending lat year with the Angels. 

Kyle was back to work on the Blanchette Bridge project after a couple weeks off.  Originally he was just working the demolition part of the project but now has been called back for some of the construction phase. It's a tough time of year to be working outside but we bought him some warm clothing for Christmas to help keep him warm. 

No comments: